Last Updated: July 1, 2020
WHO WE ARE
We are Villyge, with headquarters in New York in the United States. We have service providers in the United States and other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Data protection laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the data protection laws in your home country.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect information that you provide to us, which may include the following information based on how you use our services: your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender), work information such as your employer or your job title, family planning and health information that you share with us when using, signing up or requesting more information about the Services, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
By providing us with an email address, you consent to receiving information from us by email to that address.
We do not knowingly enroll or collect information directly from children under the age of eighteen.
Please keep in mind that certain features of the Services may give you an opportunity to interact with us and with others. These may include forums, message boards, chats and creating community profiles. When you use these features, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location, health issues, and email address, may be publicly available to others. We do not protect the privacy of and are not responsible for your disclosure of any information through these interactive features, including, but not limited to information that you might post related to a minor.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose anyone’s personal information on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your post or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to information you choose to disclose through these interactive features. When an individual chooses to post information that will be publicly disclosed, he or she is responsible for all legal consequences. We are not responsible under any data protection laws for information that you voluntarily post on a site that can be accessed by others including non-Villyge personnel.
If you believe that Villyge has violated your privacy rights, you should contact us at the mailing address provided below or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Get From Your Employer. We may receive information from your Villyge Benefit Sponsor (typically your employer) to enable us to confirm you, your dependents, or your household member(s)’ eligibility for Villyge, to contact you in order to inform you of the availability of the Villyge benefit, and to help us measure the effectiveness of Villyge.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Site and Services. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. This type of information is routinely collected by virtually any web enabled application or website. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Site and Services.
Cookies. We may log information using "Cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site and Services more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Do-Not-Track. Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an Internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third-parties as defined by the initiative. Please note that the Site does not alter its behavior or use practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from browser software.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services, and to personalize your experience, including:
- To help establish and verify the identity and eligibility of users, including verifying your eligibility through your Villyge Benefit Sponsor (usually your employer);
- To enable communication with an expert;
- To otherwise contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you, including marketing and promotional communications;
- To enhance or develop features, products, and services;
- To create aggregated and other anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable, which we may provide to advertisers and other third parties or use for other lawful business purposes;
- To allow other select companies to send you promotional materials about their products and services.
- We use your personal information to communicate with you about the Services.
- We use your personal information for research and development.
- We use your personal information to drive engagement with the Site and Services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to market and promote, to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- We use your personal information where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
Villyge will take reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. Please be aware, however, that any text, email or other transmission you send in an unencrypted manner cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception. In particular, we want to make you aware that personal email may be unsecure, and Villyge cannot be responsible for any unauthorized access to information when information is sent to your personal email. You are not required to authorize the use of email for this purpose, a decision not to consent or to opt out of receiving these emails will not restrict your ability to access the Services.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information: We will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others without your consent, although we may share it with partners for the purposes described above under “Use of Personal Information”, such as the provision and personalization of Services.
We do not sell your Personal Information.
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share your personal information with affiliated companies and businesses.
- We may share your personal information with service providers.
- We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Services such as processing credit card transactions sending emails, and fulfilling purchase requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your personal information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf. Such service providers shall be bound by appropriate confidentiality and security obligations.
- We may share your personal information with your employer, sharing your enrollment status as a user of the Services.
- We may share your personal information with lactation consultants, experts and coaches enlisted to provide the Services.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our Sites or through the Services will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Sites or through the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Sites or through the Services, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
You should be aware that when you are on the Site or using our Services, you can be directed to other websites that are beyond our control, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties or the content of linked websites.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help us understand the usage patterns for certain Services and those of our partners. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
We are committed to protecting your privacy and data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Services, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically adjust your browser to refuse to accept cookies, remove cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set by editing your web browser preferences or options. (Each browser is different, so you should refer to the settings menu on your browser to change your cookie preferences.) Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Site, or certain features may not function properly.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Villyge would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access. You have the right to request our Company for copies of your personal information. We may charge you a small fee for this service if there is more than one request per year.
The right to rectification. You have the right to request that our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure. You have the right to request that our Company erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that our Company restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our Company's processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability. You have the right to request that our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This section applies to California residents when and if the California Consumer Protection Act is applicable to our Site and Services about whom we have collected Personal Information, including through use of our Site, by purchasing or utilizing our Service, or by communicating with us electronically, in paper correspondence, or in person. For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household.
Personal Information We Collect and Share, and For What Purpose: We collect and share personal information from visitors in the following circumstances when they interact with the Site or the Services, as described in detail above:
- Information You Give to Us
- Information We Get From Your Villyge Benefit Sponsor
- Information We Get From Others
- Information Automatically Collected
As described in detail above, we use your personal information for a variety of purposes to operate, assess activity on, and improve the performance of the Site.
Except as described in detail above, we will not share with third parties information about you without your consent.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for third party marketing purposes.
Your Rights as a California Resident: You may be entitled by applicable law to exercise the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
Right to Know. You have the right to request what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell, as applicable.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected about you.
Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Personal Information. You have the right to request to be opted-out from the sale of your Personal Information; however, as set forth above, we do not sell Personal Information.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights described above.
You may also authorize someone to exercise the above rights on your behalf. If we have collected information on your minor child, you may exercise the above rights on behalf of your minor child.
In addition, residents of California also have the right to request once per calendar year certain information with respect to the types of personal information (as defined by California law) we share with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom we have shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.
The above rights are subject to our being able to reasonably verify your identity and authority to make these requests by providing verifiable information such as the following:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
To exercise your rights, submit your request in one of the following ways:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By regular mail at the contact information listed in the “Contact Information” section
We will respond to authorized and verified requests as soon as practicable and as required by law. In addition, the above rights are subject to various exclusions and exceptions under the law, and, under certain circumstances, we may be unable to implement your request. We will advise you of any reason for denying or restricting a request.
Villyge Legal Dept
PO Box 210
Greenvale, NY 11548